I was feeling like a super easy comfort food recipe today, so I whipped these cuties up. About an hour of baking time for the potatoes then the rest takes about five minutes. So easy!
These sweet potatoes are my favorite, with their golden flesh all stuffed with salty, garlicky hummus and topped with buttery avocado and perky red onion and smoky, spicy spices. Make a platter of these for your dinner or serve them to your family as a side dish. Load them up even more with hemp seeds, chopped nuts, shiitake bacon, tempeh bacon or skillet chickpeas.
Hope you love this easy go-to recipe for Favorite Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes..
These potatoes are packed with fiber, vitamin A, potassium, healthy fats, iron, vitamin C and loads of healthy phytochemicals.
For the hummus, you can absolutely just use a store bought brand for ease. I actually used a brand called Cava from Whole Foods.
But if you do have time and energy to whip up DIY hummus here are a few recipes..
* Classic Restaurant Style Hummus
* Sweet Potato Hummus (for a double dose!)
* Super simply 3-2-1 Hummus
As for me, you will find me devouring these jems followed by a tall mug of hot cocoa with vegan whip on top. Netflix-ing and chilling, as you do this time of year. What are we watching right now? I somehow got my husband OK-ing us rewatching Grey's Anatomy from the beginning. Score. I think he just likes watching to make fun of all the drama but oh well. We are up to season 7 and I have to say I do love this show despite it's strange love of ghost characters and over the top drama and more. What are YOU Netflixing this time of year?
Favorite Loaded Baked Sweet Potatoes
Once your potatoes are baked, these potatoes take five minutes to prep and serve! So flavorful and packed with nutrition.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, oven-baked and split in half
- 8-10 Tbsp hummus
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8+ tsp pink salt
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- First off, bake your sweet potatoes. Warm oven to 450 degrees, pierce a few holes in your potatoes and bake for 40-60 minutes or until tender and skins thin and toasty.
- Allow the potatoes to cool for 5-10 minutes for easier handling.
- Slice the potatoes in half and split the flesh down the center.
- Add the hummus, followed by the avocado and onion. Then sprinkle with the salt, pepper and paprika. Then drizzle the oil over top. Serve warm!
- Other optional toppings: hemp seeds, chopped nuts, skillet chickpeas, tempeh bacon, vegan cheese or nutritional yeast. And more!
Yield: 4 servingsPrep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 50 mins.
Total time: 55 mins.Tags: sweet potatoes,easy,entree,vegan,best,side,recipe,