These vegan Pumpkin Ghost Donut Holes are delicious, fun and easy to make for the Halloween season. They are fluffy, pumpkin, no-sugar-added donut holes coated in a rich coconut oil based glaze. If you want to keep things basic and sugar-free, you can absolutely just make the pumpkin donut holes without the glaze. The donut holes are vegan, gluten-free and have a boost of protein. Get the recipe!..
Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, fiber and potassium. Bananas also contain those same nutrients.
I hope you have checked out my Healthy Halloween pin board takeover over on Pinterest! Details in this post.
How to Serve these Donut Holes: I love these as a fun party appetizer or for a fall get-together with friends. Kids will love making and eating the cute little ghost-y faces. These pair really well with a warm mug of tea or latte.
I love that these donut holes contain ZERO added sugar -- if you do not add the glaze of course! I actually did about half the batch glazed and the other half just plain. The plain donut holes really shouldn't be called "donuts" because they are so healthy! Oats, pumpkin, bananas, protein powder and coconut oil.
Lighten Up Tip: If you want to reduce the fat in the donuts, cut the oil down to 1/4 cup and sub with 1/4 cup applesauce.
Protein Powder: I used 1/4 cup of a vegan vanilla protein powder. My protein powder is lightly sweetened with monk fruit (which is sugar free) so I would suggest using a protein powder with some sugar-free sweetness like stevia or monk fruit.
Vegan Pumpkin Ghost Donut Holes
These delicious pumpkin donut holes with coconut glaze are vegan and gluten-free and fun for Halloween.
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mashed banana, ripe
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup vegan protein powder
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- Coconut Glaze:
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- pinch of salt
- a few drops vanilla extract, optional
- Ghost Eyes: mini vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease either a mini muffin pan or donut hole pan with virgin coconut oil.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl, whisk to combine.
- Add all wet ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Blend on lowest speed for at least 1-2 minutes to plump up the flax seeds.
- Pour wet into dry bowl and stir to combine.
- Bake at 350 for about 11 minutes. Allow donut holes to cool for at least two minutes before removing from pan.
- To make glaze, sift powdered sugar into a small bowl and whisk with the melted oil.
- When the donut holes are cooled or chilled, dip into the glaze and place on a plate. Add the vegan chocolate chip ghost eyes. Once the glaze hardens, serve! Store leftover donut holes in the fridge.
- Optional: Sift powdered sugar over top if you want "powder-y" ghosts.
Yield: 12 donut holesPrep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.Tags: pumpkin,donuts,breakfast,dessert,fruit,snack,baking