The Shamrock Shake. Minty. Creamy. Frosty. With a refreshing sweetness that only spring could deliver. But truth be told. That tall swirl of green is usually loaded with some very un-inspiring ingredients. Traditionally, you get dairy, artificial colors and loads of saturated dairy fat. But even the veganized versions, made using vegan ice cream carry a hefty calorie and sugar load.
Well this Feel Good Shamrock Shake makes it so you can enjoy this dreamy seasonal beverage without the post shake belly ache.
I LOVED this spin on Sham. And I hope you do too!..
Yes, yes you can add waaaaaaaaaaay more coconut whip than I did. But seriously, this frosty-minty shake barely even needs it. Watch a DIY coconut whip video here.
The best part about this shake is that you can enjoy it as a snack or refresher smoothie. I love mine as a mid-morning or afternoon pick-me-up.
That Green Color? You do not need artificial colors when there are wonderful + healthy options!
- I used Encha matcha, which I adore.
- You could also try spirulina, Green Dream by Philosophie (protein superfood powder I also love) or even a few dark leafy greens! There are a few other protein powders that are green-ish too.
But what will that taste like? The matcha has a very subtly grassy flavor that you will barely notice since the amount is so small and the sweetness and peppermint really take over. Spirulina will also have a slightly grassy flavor, just add a tiny bit for a subtly green color.
Feel Good Shamrock Shake
- 1 cup non-dairy milk*
- 1 cup non-dairy milk ice cubes**
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/2 tsp organic matcha (I use + love Encha***)
- 1/4 tsp organic peppermint extract
- optional: DIY coconut whip or rice or soy whip to taste
- * Use a higher fat non-dairy milk for best results - low cal/low fat will not work best
- ** Try coconut milk ice cubes for a richer, creamier texture! So good!
- *** Encha is my fave matcha brand, I am a proud ambassador of their product. Learn more about matcha. Alternative: You could also use spirulina or a small amount of leafy greens for the green color.
- A few hours ahead of time, freeze your fave non-dairy milk into ice cubes. I like almond milk, but soy or even coconut milk work too. You could even use non-dairy yogurt! Once you have all the ingredients in a blender you blend until smooth! Garnish with fresh mint and coconut whip to taste. Yes, you can add much more whip than I did. ;)
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 5 mins.
- Calories: 190
Tags: shamrock shake,smoothie,shake,green smoothie,mint,dessert,breakfast,vegan,dairy-free
disclosure: I am a very proud Encha matcha ambassador. My fave matcha brand! Organic. Amazing company. Love. Read my matcha reviews here.