I love these Roasted Pepper Hummus English Muffin Pizzas with vegan cheese and fresh tomatoes because they are fast, easy, flavorful and totally versatile.
They are just as easy to make as a sandwich, but baking them makes all the components extra flavorful and satisfying. The hummus gets all warm and melty and the veggies soften as vegan cheese wiggles its way around toasted English muffin edges.
This fun "mini hummus pizza" concept is so easy to apply to just about any veggie toppings you have in your fridge. Totally customizable!
PRO TIP: Top these pizzas with diced avocado to serve.
Get the recipe + video..
Stovetop roasted peppers..
Mini hummus pizzas! Super easy concept for a yummy snack, lunch or easy dinner. These pizzas can even be added to lunchboxes.
More of my English muffin pizzas..
* Mini Nacho Pizzas
* Mini BBQ Pizzas
Just add the hummus, toppings and optional vegan cheese -- bake and enjoy!
VIDEO. Watch me make them..
I already told you about adding avocado. Well, other toppings could include hemp seeds, shiitake bacon, tempeh bacon, sriracha sauce, more leafy greens, shredded beets, vegan ranch dip, diced sweet potato, chopped nuts, carrots, chia seeds and on and on..
Roasted Pepper Hummus English Muffin Pizzas with Tomatoes
These Roasted Pepper Hummus English Muffin Pizzas with Tomatoes are slathered in rich hummus, topped with melty cheese and fresh tomatoes. Vegan and gluten-free if you use GF bread.
- Roasted Pepper Hummus:
- 15oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1 bell pepper, roasted (SUNSET®)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 2 medium lemons, juiced
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp smoky paprika (Penzey's Spices used) -- (topping or blend in)
- Other Ingredients:
- 3 English muffins, split in half
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese (shreds or thinly sliced) -- (Follow Your Heart used)
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes -- (SUNSET® Zima and Organic Campari)
- on top:
- red pepper flakes
- micro greens
- extra virgin olive oil -- you could drizzle 1 Tbsp over top the hummus and drizzle over top pizzas if you want a more decadent presentation
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast peppers on stove top or oven -- or use jarred roasted peppers. Jarred roasted peppers will have a stronger flavor, but I like to lightly roast my own peppers on my stovetop for fast and easy DIY results.
- Add all hummus ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth. (Paprika can be adding directly to blender or sprinkled on top.)
- Spread hummus on English muffins and top with tomatoes and vegan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about ten minutes or until the cheese melts. I like to broil for an additional 1-2 minutes to really melt the cheese well. (Note: Add more cheese if you'd like!)
- Serve by slicing and topping with red pepper flakes and micro greens.
Yield: 6 pizzasPrep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.Tags: hummus,pizza,english muffins,diy,lunch,sandwich,howto
Don't forget to enter my BIG $500 cash giveaway... (details)
a Rafflecopter giveaway