I am so excited to share a new cookbook with you guys today! Eaternity is a new Hay House book by one of my most favorite vegan voices on the planet, my friend Jason Wrobel. Jason (who you probably already know from his rad YouTube channel or when he hosted a show on Cooking Channel) is mind-blowingly creative, funny, warm, charming and uber-talented -- so I couldn't wait to check out his book.
Last week I got my first look at Eaternity - before the hard copy hits bookstore shelves. And I get to give you guys an sneak peek and share a recipe from the book!..
Three words. Superfood Fudge Brownies. My review and Jason's famous dessert recipe ahead!...
So, did I like the book?... The Scene was this... My husband was driving us around our neighborhood on a few after-work errands - cat food pickup, a swing by Whole Foods etc., when Jason's cookbook email popped up on my phone. I loaded the Eaternity PDF on my iPhone and I literally could not pull myself away from the screen. I had to tell my husband to go in the pet store without me because I had to finish skimming all the glossy, colorful pages and captivating chapters in the book. "Honey?" My husband stood at the car door waiting for me to get out of the passenger seat as I was glued to my cozy seat and that twinkly screen. I loved browsing the recipes and reading the gobs of wellness advice. Clappy hands to Jason.
Excerpt from Eaternity..
"Let’s face it: you want to be healthy, joyful and live longer. But you’re probably not always in the mood for wheatgrass shots, seaweed salads and buckwheat granola 24/7. Sometimes you just need a juicy burger, crunchy nachos, fluffy chocolate chip pancakes or decadent raw cookie dough, am I right?
Eaternity offers you nutritious and delicious plant-based recipes that are guaranteed to satisfy all of your insane comfort-food cravings and more. I’ll teach you my health-friendly, plant-based spins on all of the above, as well as oil-free Caesar salad, superfood fudge brownies, creamy asparagus risotto, spicy tortilla soup, buffalo cauliflower and – wait for it – warm salted caramel waffles. "
Pre-Order Eaternity on Amazon and Enter Jason's EPIC Giveaway.
My book review: Eaternity is a must-have for every wellness-seeking, food-loving, creativity-adoring human. Aside from the amazing recipes, I really enjoyed reading Jason's personal stories and anecdotes about wellness. Jason will pull you in with his story and leave you a superfan with his superfood-filled recipes.
The recipes lean towards super-healthy-but-always-delicious with a good dose of extra decadence built in. You will find healthy vegan staples like smoothies and salads, but you will also find loads of comfort food recipes and vegan desserts.
Jason's culinary mojo and years of experience in a superfood, plant-based kitchen really shine through on these pages. This is the book all J-Wro fans have been dreaming of and waiting for.
Wellness. Jason's in-depth, researched, wellness advice will help you put the power to feel your best back in your own hands.
This book is empowering for those seeking simple, manageable steps towards wellness.
The reality of life is that we will all experience times of illness and poor health -- but brilliant books like Eaternity help us feel just a little bit more prepared for those times by educating us -- teaching us how we can help nourish our bodies and lives through the foods we eat and the everyday habits we maintain.
Food isn't a magic pill to wellness. Veganism isn't a magic pill to wellness. There is no magic pill. But healthy habits, healthy-delicious plant-based recipes and books like Eaternity are kinda the next best thing!
Jason's plant-based recipes will nourish you from the inside out and help you feel your best - mind, body and soul.
Some of the wellness topics in the book: stress, heart health, sleep health, weight loss, bone health, happiness, brain health, immunity, detoxification, sex drive, eyesight and more. Whatever ails you. Jason has a recipe for that.
More pics from the book.. (And kudos to the lovely Jackie Sobon of Vegan Yack Attack for the gorg food photography in Eaternity.)
Jason is hosting a HUGE giveaway for those who pre-order the book so hop on over to his book page for full details! Look at some of these prizes..
Jason says.. "Eaternity will not only teach you how to prep delicious recipes, it will also empower you to select recipes based on the specific functional benefits that you want."
Today I share Jason's famous recipe for his Superfood Fudge Brownies because they are so darn dreamy...
Jason says about these brownies..
"These are the brownies that started it all. These bodacious little bites were one of the most popular desserts in my early raw food classes and catering business. They are rich, gooey, smoky, sweet, and perfectly suited as a base for any nuts, berries, or superfoods you want to infuse them with. The raw cacao powder in these brownies is rich in tryptophan, a powerful mood enhancer. Tryptophan is crucial for the production of serotonin, which diminishes anxiety and has the same impact as love in our brain. Just a warning: you may want to get a padlock for the fridge after you make a batch of these babies!'
Superfood Fudge Brownies
Fudgy amazing vegan brownies, these are Jason's brownies that started it all!
- 1 tsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 8 cups raw pecans, preferably soaked and dehydrated first
- 1 1/2 cups dates, pitted and packed
- 1 1/2 cups raw cacao powder
- 1/2 Tbsp superfood greens powder
- 1/2 Tbsp maca powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp shilajit powder (opt'l)
- 1 cup crushed raw pecans, reserved
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, reserved
- Fudge Sauce:
- 2 3/4 cups coconut nectar
- 1 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw cacao butter, liquified
- Coat a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with coconut oil and set aside.
- To make the brownies: pulse the pecans into medium-size crumbs until mealy, using a high-speed food processor. (Be sure not to overprocess, as the pecans can break down easily and become pecan butter.) Slowly add the dates and process until very well combined. The mixture should be somewhat cakey—a slightly moist batter with a little texture. Add the raw cacao powder, superfood greens powder, maca powder, sea salt, ground cinnamon, vanilla bean, and shilajit powder, if using, and process until well incorporated.
- Remove the brownie mixture from the processor bowl and transfer to the baking dish. Spread the mixture evenly into the baking dish and fold in the reserved pecans and dried cherries. Press the brownie mixture down with your palms to spread evenly. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- To make the fudge sauce: add the coconut nectar and coconut oil to a high-speed blender and blend until very smooth. Add raw cacao powder, mesquite powder, and sea salt and blend again. Once an ultra-smooth consistency is attained, add the cacao butter and blend again.
- Slice the brownies into 2 x 2-inch squares and serve with a generous drizzle of fudge sauce on top
Here are my pics from whipping up the brownies.. literally took me just minutes to make! (I used organic dried plums in place of cherries and I actually used organic carob powder in place of cocoa! And I skipped the sauce but might whip some up tonight to add. LOVED..)
A few more pics from Eaternity..
And last but not least.. CONGRATULATIONS Jason! The book is amazing!
*disclosure: this post contains Amazon affiliate links