My recipe for Silky Chocolate Avocado Mousse is the perfect Valentine's Day dessert plan. And I know just what to pair it with! Find out my wellness date night idea, get a special offer and enter a giveaway.. (recipe video too!)
The perfect wellness date night for Valentine's Day or any day?.. Chocolate + a massage! I mean what more do you need in life? Well, ok, a lot. But for a perfect date-night-in, or Valentin'e Day plan, those two things are pretty perfect.
This Silky Chocolate Avocado Chocolate Mousse is dairy-free and packed with healthy fats, plant-based protein and antioxidant-rich chocolate. Talk about a feel good treat!..
So this Valentine's Day, whip up a decadent chocolate treat.
And learn a lifelong wellness skill...
Learn how to give a good massage.
I loooooove a good massage. I am a regular massage go-er and quite frequently request massages from my husband. But how awesome would it be to learn a few professional techniques and tips rather than just blindly pummeling your fists and guessing on a few strokes with your eyes metaphorically closed. "I hope this feels good..."
Why Get Massages?..
"Well-designed studies have shown that massage can reduce levels of stress hormones, such as cortisol, improve joint function and reduce pain in people with osteoarthritis, temporarily reduce muscle soreness after hard exercise, and speed healing of sore, overworked muscles by reducing inflammation and otherwise amplifying the muscle cells’ repair process." - NYTimes
And massage doesn't need to be from a professional... "Dr. Field points out, massage techniques can be taught. “People within families can learn to massage each other,” she said. “If you can teach parents to massage kids, couples to massage each other. This can be cost effective.”" - WELL Blog NY Times
..cost effective! hooray! You mean I may not have to shell out $100-$200 for a massage sesh every time I want to experience some massage benefits? Yes, please.
Enter, Melt Massage Video Series. One way to learn professional massage tips and techniques is via the Melt Massage Video Series -- which I recently tried out for myself! I was initially like, no way, a video "massage" program sounds a bit sketchy. But I was pleasantly surprised when I checked out Melt. I watched one video. Then I had to watch another and another and another! The videos are packed with techniques, tips and really easy to digest video content.
Massage, like anything, is a skill and can be taught! So while I still love a good massage at a spa, I am super excited about the techniques and tips I have picked up from the Melt Video Series.
Some facts about the program:
- The Melt Video Series was created by Denis, who is an Australian professional massage therapist with 15 years experience. Denis has massaged everyone from Jared Leto to Pierce Brosnan.
- The videos are beautifully filmed, in short clips. Some videos are just a few minutes!
- These videos are professional - aka no nudity - no funny business - obviously, guys, but just to be clear -- these are teaching videos with a calming and serene mood to them.
- Over 10,000 couples have been taught how to give a great massage using Denis's program.
- My favorite part about the video series was learning about what most people are doing wrong when they give a massage. Whoops, I totally did most of the "mistakes" at some point in my massage giving history.
Bottom line. If you love yoga, meditation, wellness, spa-ing, green smoothies, juicing, aromatherapy and all that good stuff, these videos fit right in.
Special Offer for HealthyHappyLife readers!..
Melt Video Series is on Sale until Feb 14 – Valentine’s Day. Receive lifetime access for only $89 (usually $147 in total). Nothing says I love you more than a lifetime of amazing back rubs!
Sale Ends Valentine’s Day – Feb 14th - Click here to check it out!
Now that CHOCOLATE dessert too...
Vegan Chocolate Avocado Silk Mousse
Rich and creamy, healthy delicious dessert treat with chocolate and buttery avocado.
- 1 cup silken tofu
- 1 medium avocado
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted
- 2-3 Tbsp maple or agave syrup
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- chopped vegan chocolate - topping
- Melt your chocolate chips. I use a double broiler warming method or when in a hurry, the microwave works too -- just be careful not to burn the chocolate! Tip: Adding a spoonful of coconut oil to the chocolate makes it extra rich and will make your mousse a bit firmer once it chills.
- Add the tofu, avocado and melted chocolate chips to a blender and blend from low to medium-high until smooth and silky. You want the mousse to be free of any lumps or bits -- silk.
- Do a quick taste test and add the sweetener and optional salt.
- Pour into serving cups and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Top with finely chopped or microplaned chocolate to serve.
Yield: serves 4Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.Tags: chocolate,avocado,vegan,dessert,tofu,date night,easy,vitamix,blender
Giveaway. And ALL good massages start with an AMAZING bodu oil. This is one of my favorites! Enter to win it..
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Some more details about the program..
The Basic Series starts with correcting some of the most common massage mistakes and showing you foundations of massage. You watch the short videos with a technique or tip in each, and it ends with a 5 minute follow-along massage routine.
The Highlight Series. This is where you learn to look for the sore spots and how to work them. The neck, shoulders, lower back, arms, head.. After you learn the 9 techniques from this series, there is a 15-minute massage routine.
The Deep Tissue Series comes at the end of the series with some amazing techniques and a 30-minute follow along massage routine.
Denis demonstrating massage techniques..
Happy Valentine's Day! <3
disclosure: This post is sponsored by Melt Video Series - but all opinions are my own and I seriously LOVE this DIY-Massage video course. I hope you check it out and let me know what you think.