I love whipping up fresh pesto pasta sauces for an easy meal. And this raw sauce has a rich, silky avocado base.
The flavors are bold, the texture dreamy and you can have your meal on the table in about twenty minutes. Just blend, boil, toss, serve. Get the recipe and watch a video of how I make it so you can have a Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta night soon!..
This is such any easy Valentine's Day recipe. If you want to spend some time with your hunny bun and not as much time in the kitchen, whip up this!
Three simple steps..
Blend the sauce..
Cook the pasta..
Toss and serve!..
This avocado sauce is a cook-free sauce that is velvety and rich with lemon, garlic and nutty-cheezy flavor accents.
Love that creamy sauce. Delicious on more than just pasta! Try it on baked potatoes, roasted broccoli, drizzled over top salad, as a dip like hummus or any other way you can dream up.
Avocado Pesto Pasta Sauce
Super rich and silky, this savory avocado sauce is a dream to add to any variety of pasta for an easy meal. Also delicious on salads or veggies!
- 1 large avocado
- 1-4 cloves garlic (raw or roasted)
- 3/4 cup warm pasta water (from cooking the pasta)
- 2 Tbsp white miso paste
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 2 lemons, juiced + pinch of zest
- big handful of greens (basil or other leafy greens like kale, arugula, spinach, parsley)
- nutritional yeast to taste -- fold into pasta directly (I like to add a lot!)
- optional: for a hint of sweet, add 2-3 tsp maple syrup to the sauce
- salt and pepper to taste (optional - I usually add 1/2 tsp salt and pepper each)
- topping: nutritional yeast, red pepper flakes, greens garnish
- Suggestion: Add tempeh or shiitake bacon over top for extra deliciousness
- Boil water and add any variety of pasta. Cook until tender. Drain pasta, but set aside about a cup of pasta water.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend on high until silky smooth.
- Pour as much sauce as you'd like over top the pasta -- start with a small amount and add more until it is creamy to your preferences. Toss well. Make sure the pasta is still very warm/hot whe you add the sauce so that the pasta warms the sauce. Note: you could lightly simmer the sauce to warm before adding the the pasta, but I personally prefer this sauce raw since it contains raw avocado.
- Serve! Store leftovers in the fridge -- delicious war or chilled.
Yield: 4Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
- Calories: 225
- Fat: 20g
- Protein: 4g
- Dietaryfiber: 5.2g