This is a super flavorful one-skillet-wonder meal I whipped up this week. And of course I had to slap my iPhone on a tripod and film the cooking sesh for you guys, which you can watch in the VIDEO ahead.
Basically this Ginger Miso Stir Fry with protein-rich tofu, whole grain brown rice and healthy veggie broccoli is the BEST kind of fast food. The super bold flavors of maple-ginger-tamari and citrus are so energizing and cravable. Warm up a skillet and lets go..
Video-ing today's recipe...
And some SUPER exciting news today. I found out my cookbook Healthy Happy Vegan Kitchen was named one of the Vegetarian Times Magazine's five "Best Vegan Cookbooks of 2015" -- and is featured in their latest printed issue, on sale now.
Snag your copy of HHVK online - it makes a great gift! Use code 250FFBOOK through December 14th to get 25% off my book on Amazon!
And if you already have my cookbook, please take a few minutes to leave a review on Amazon, it would mean the world to me. I love seeing my blog reader's names pop in those comments. Awards are great, but the BEST reward for writing a book = happy customers.
Now lets celebrate with some stir-fry, yes? Hope you enjoy it!!..
Ginger Miso Stir Fry with Broccoli and Tofu
This easy veggie stir fry contains brown rice, tofu and loads of broccoli, all infused with a citrus-ginger-miso-maple sauce. Bold flavor, loads of nutrients!
- 1-2 cups broccoli florets, organic (I used 1 1/4 cups frozen but fresh are even better!)
- 8oz firm tofu, cubes
- 1 tangerine, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil for the pan (or just use water if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp tamari (use less or a low-sodium option for lower sodium)
- 1 Tbsp white miso paste
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- optional: water to thin sauce
- Add oil to skillet and warm over high heat.
- Add broccoli. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the rice and stir to combine. You want the tofu to start to brown on the edges and absorb lots of the sauce flavor.
- Finally, add the cooked brown rice and stir to combine. Saute 1-3 more minutes or until everything looks browned and caramelized a bit. Serve warm! Tip: For a thinner sauce you can add a few spoonfuls of water.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.