Pie crust is overrated. Or at least that is what I always think to myself when I slice into a piece of velvety, cozy, delicious pumpkin pie. Just give me the good stuff. The stuff I want. The filling. The pumpkin. All that rich, warmly spiced, pumpkin-y goodness. So for this pie, we toss our buttery border to the wind and go crustless...
This vegan Pumpkin Pie has a pecan streusel oat topping to add just enough texture, while still maximizing the amount of pumpkin filling sinks into that pie dish. This filling is moderately sweet and includes an accent of apple. This pie is absolutely yummy as dessert, but healthy enough to serve as a snack or even breakfast or a brunch bite.
And no, you can never have too many pumpkin pie recipes...
Crustless Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Streusel
This crustless pumpkin pie is perfect for snacking on, nibbling as a healthy dessert or even eating for breakfast. Pie all day sort of dish!
- 1 can unsweetened pumpkin puree (16oz)
- 1 can pumpkin pie mix (16oz) -- notes below**
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaking optional
- 1 large sweet apple (I used a honeycrisp)
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pie Dish Coating:
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- Crumb Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a standard pie dish with coconut oil and sprinkle hemp seeds evenly over bottom of dish and along the sides.
- In a high speed blender, blend the filling ingredients from low to high until fluffy and smooth.
- Pour the filling into the pie dish.
- Place pie in the oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Crumble: In a small bowl, combine the streusel topping mixture until thick and crumbly. Crumble it evenly over top the half-cooked pie filling.
- Place pie back in the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Allow pie to cool overnight in the fridge for best slice-and-serve results.
Yield: 1 pie, 8 slicesPrep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 59 mins.
Total time: 69 mins.Tags: pie,pumpkin,fall,crustless,pumpkin pie,vegan,thanksgiving,november,recipe,glutenfree
per slice - 8 slices per pie:
**notes: I just happened to have one can unsweetened pumpkin and one can of mix - so that is what I used. However, if you are only using unsweetened pumpkin then you will want to use two cane (32oz) and keep the recipe as is, plus add in an extra 2 Tbsp of maple syrup and extra tsp pumpkin pie spice. The sweetness will vary just a bit but should still be delicious and moderately sweet, which was the goal with this pie.
No time for baking pie? Whip up my Pumpkin Pie Pudding! In a flash..
More of my Pumpkin Pie recipes:
* 4-Ingredient Pumpkin Pie
* Hubbard Pumpkin Pie from scratch
* 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Pie
* Gingersnap Crust Pumpkin Pie
* Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie
* No-Bake Walnut Pumpkin Pie