I had SO much fun doing this video recipe a few weeks ago with super talented YouTuber Sharzad Kiadeh, via her "My Dancing Kitchen" video recipe series. This Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce is super rich and creamy with accents of fresh ginger, maple, rosemary and more. This sauce is perfect as a fall-inspired pasta sauce but can also be served as a Pumpkin Bisque. So versatile!
Get the recipe and watch me show off some Britney moves in Sharzad's kitchen as we make this dish!..
Fun + laughter + a recipe = perfect.
Blender recipe. Thank you Vitamix.
The velvety sauce. Actually doubles as a soup if you thin it out a bit..
Alfredo for fall.. (vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free with gf pasta, EASY)
Well this was fun..
Check out the VIDEO of this recipe!..
...Watch us make the recipe! Subscribe to Sharzad's awesome channel. She is SO fun and cute and sweet and hilarious. She has the most witty ad libs, you cannot help but giggle your way through her videos. Plus she posts great beauty tutorials - her makeup in this video is stunning! And she has been posting more and more vegan recipes which is so great. Ask her you want MORE vegan recipes! Because she rocks them.
Sharzad on Twitter
Sharzad on Instagram
Sharzad on Facebook
Her blog: LuxLyfe.com
And she is pretty rad on periscope too. So check her out there!
Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
This super creamy, savory and warming pumpkin pasta is a delightful recipe for fall. Rosemary and white miso add a savory accent, while maple syrup adds a hint of sweetness. Ginger and cayenne add some warmth yo each satisfying bite.
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked (soaked in water at least 6-8 hours and drained)
- 1-2 tsp raw ginger, grated
- 6-8oz veggie broth
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- a few pinches cayenne (to taste for added warmth)
- 1 tsp white miso paste (or add a bit more salt, since this is salted)
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste (at least 1/4 tsp salt)
- 1 lb pasta, cooked
- garnish: fresh rosemary, chopped
- Add all pasta sauce ingredients to a Vitamix or other blending appliance.
- Blend until silky smooth. Taste test and adjust spices and salt if needed.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Warm up your sauce by blending on the highest Vitamix speed for 2-4 minutes. Or by simmering in a small soup pot until warm.
- Toss pasta with sauce and serve with rosemary bits on top.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.
*disclosure: This post contains a Vitamix affiliate link. Ready to buy the best blender ever? Get free shipping by using my link!