It is always fun to start the week off with chocolate. So for all your chocolate nibbling needs throughout the week I bring you this super easy recipe for the most colorful and delicious salted Fruit and Nut Chocolate Bark. This recipe is inspired by a recipe I learned last week on vacation. More on that in a few days, but first, rich, silky, salty-sweet c-h-o-c-o-l-a-t-e..
All the goodies..
Pour the chocolate silk..
Those toasted pecans are amazing all on their own!..
Spread and smooth the chocolate out a bit with a spatula..
Add the jewels!..
After it firms up in the fridge..
Chop into large pieces for nibbling...
Last week I was at an amazing wellness resort, and in a few days I will share that adventure with you. But during my time there, I tool a fun culinary class where we made a pecan-fruit salted chocolate bark that was simply dreamy. I had to make it as soon as I got home and share the recipe with you...
Bag of yum..
This recipe is a spin on the recipe used in the class with Chef Laura Pauli.
Cook time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 07 mins.
Fruit and nut Chocolate Bark
Creamy, rich chocolate bark studded with fruit and nuts.
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate, vegan (Scharffen Berger used. The higher the quality, the better the flavor!)
- 5 dried/unsulphered organic apricots, diced
- 2 Tbsp goji berries, soaked in 1 tsp hot water and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp raw pistachios
- 2 Tbsp raw chopped Medjool dates, white mulberries or dried cherries (optional)
- Pecans - oven-toasted and spicy-sweet:
- 3/4 cup raw pecans, whole
- 1 Tbsp vegan sugar or agave syrup
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch of cayenne
- To finish chocolate: sprinkle of Fleur de Sel or pink salt (coarse is my preference)
- Place the pecans, olive oil, black pepper, cayenne and salt in a small bowl and mix until the pecans are coated. Spread pecans on parchment paper on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for ten minutes - or until slightly toasty. Set aside.
- Using a double broiler on your stovetop, melt the chocolate until silky smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. (Make sure this is a new, COOL, baking sheet!) Spread a bit so the the chocolate thins out to your desired bark thickness.
- Add the pecans, apricots, goji berries, pistachios, optional dried goodies and anything else you want to add to the melted chocolate layer.
- Place the chocolate in the fridge to firm up. This usually takes at least a half hour for fully hardened chocolate.
- To serve: break or slice chocolate and sprinkle with a thin layer of Fleur de Sel or pink salt. (Store leftovers in a baggie or container in the fridge.)
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 07 mins.
Total time: 17 mins.
Tags: chocolate,bark,nuts,fruit,dessert,snack,dark chocolate,chocolate bark