"Animals are NOT meant to be a part of Fashion. We Can look and feel good without harming other living beings. We need to CONNECT our selves with what goes on behind the scenes." - GUNAS website.
OK, a bit of a departure from food today to discuss something dear to my heart. Bags.
Vegan fashion post! *overly excited look on face*
I am not a fashionista. But I will play one in this post. And seriously, with all the amazing vegan fashion brands blooming in today's world, I sometimes really want to be! You know, trade in my rolling pin for some vegan pumps. My zester for a pencil skirt and some faux leather booties. OK ok, not happening anytime soon. I think I love yoga wear a little too much. But I do try. And I love chatting vegan fashion because I love veganizing fashion essentials in my wardrobe. Like bags!
Fashion is such an important part of a vegan lifestyle and so I want to start sharing a bit more with you guys about some of my favorite vegan lifestyle brands. Vegan shoes are a whole other discussion, but handbags are right up there with shoes in terms of leather-heavy fashion gear. So today, my Five Fave Vegan Bag Brands..
Five Fave Vegan Bag Brands
1. GUNAS - Luxury Vegan Handbags by GUNAS New York. I just learned about this company a few months ago. I browsed the website and basically swooned over this ONE BAG. It was in my favorite color and just my style. Sleek yet fun. Classy yet playful. I bought it last week and could not be happier! GUNAS has so many styles, they are pretty fabulous. And I have to thank them for donating two bags to a silent auction I am organizing for an event, all proceeds benefit Alley Cat Allies. Pretty cool company that cares just as much about animals as you do! Shop on GUNAS New York
From the brand: "GUNAS is an independent high fashion label with a cause! Started in 2008 by designer and animal lover, Sugandh G. Agrawal
GUNAS's heart and soul screams to be the voice of animals. With an award winning design and business background, Sugandh quit her 7-year corporate career as an Industrial designer at KitchenAid to start her own company of cruelty-free fashion in New York." Yes to THIS: "Animals are NOT meant to be a part of Fashion. We Can look and feel good without harming other living beings. We need to CONNECT our selves with what goes on behind the scenes."
1 1/2. Jill Milan! I LOVE this brand. Not sure how I missed it. This celebrity-fave designer has all her ah-mazing vegan bags made in Italy. I met Jill at a recent event and fell in love with her chic designs and her super kind personality. Love her! Shop Jill Milan Bags!
2. Stella McCartney. OK, so I know what you are thinking. Sticker shock on these price tags. "Do you know how many bags of groceries from Whole Foods I could buy in place of one SM bag??" Yes. Her bags are not cheap. Thing three or four digit figures for one bag. I own one Stella bag and I love it. It was an anniversary gift. I have received more compliments on it that you can imagine! I even walked into (Bravo's) Beverly Hills Housewife Kyle Richard's store one day and SHE told me she loved my bag. Nice. Shop on Amazon.
FallaBella bags, I own one similar to this...
Shop Stella McCartney Bags..
3. Cykochik. I love this company! I own one of their bags and one of their cute wristlet wallets. The PETA bunny. I also have the "10-speed" large vegan tote in white and pink and grey, customized by me. I love that you can customize their bags. And they are SUPER high quality faux leather. It is so soft and feels real. Love all the bold colors and artsy prints. And Nikki, the founder, is super cool. Based out of Texas! Shop on Cykochik
From the brand: 2013 marked their 10 year anniversary!.. "Over the years Cykochik has grown to be an internationally-awarded compassionate brand recognized for our creative, cruelty-free, eco-friendly, and custom-made vegan handbags."
"WHY: Because we want to create a positive economic, environmental, and ethical impact. We believe in the freedom of self-expression while not endangering people, animals, or our planet in the process. Our bags are made of cruelty-free, vegan materials and also eco-friendly materials. Each bag is handcrafted with love in Dallas, TX, since 2003."
4. Matt and Nat – Beautiful collection of men’s and women’s bags and wallets and more. I think this is one of the most well known vegan bag brands. I always see their goods at one of my fave stores, Moo Shoes. Super high quality materials and construction, and modern styles - seasonal colors. I love pretty much every bag and wallet on their website. I actually cannot believe I do not own a "Matt and Nat" piece. I think the next bag I purchase will be from them so I can round out my collection! In love with this color. Shop on Matt and Nate
From the brand: "Various vegan leathers are used in production, the scientific terms are PU (polyurethane) and PVC (polyvinylchloride). PU is less harmful for the environment than PVC and it’s use is definitely preferred, whenever possible. In addition to being vegan, sustainable materials are constantly sourced in design; these include recycled nylons, cork and rubber. Moreover, all our linings are made of 100% recycled bottles. Approximately 21 plastic bottles are recycled for every bag we produce.
We strive to design timeless and durable styles. Each season, several quality control tests are performed on all new styles. .. Furthermore, thanks to their durability and strength, our bags can last a very long time and, hence, are sustainable products."
Shop Matt and Nat Bags!..
5. Crystalyn Kae. I love this brand that I discovered at Moo Shoes NYC. I bought the Butterscotch Metier Tote. I adore it. The vegan leather is so buttery and soft. Super amazing brand with an amazing designer, Crystalyn Brennan. Shop on Crystalyn Kae
From the brand: "Since 2001, Crystalyn Kae Accessories has designed handbags and accessories produced from ethically sourced and reclaimed materials. Beloved by fashion mavens and independent spirits alike, the Crystalyn Kae handbag is a symbol of socially-conscious style.
Designed in Seattle, our handmade hobos, totes, and cross-body bags are created with a unique blend of sustainable materials and made in the USA. Our bags carry everything you need, durably protecting your valuables in rain or shine. Adjustable straps and versatile inner pockets keep you organized and ready for work, play, or travel."
Not sure how I forgot this brand did bags, but another company I LOVE Cri de Coeur! LOVE..
And here is a HUGE bunch of amazing vegan bags I found for you!..
Want to browse more vegan fashion brands? Check out Vegan Fashion Resources on Finding Vegan -- I am building a HUGE resources database on Finding Vegan, this is just one of the first pages.
Now your turn!! What are your fave vegan bag brands??? Tag me in your instagrams of vegan bags and comment here!
And yes, vegan bags can sometimes double as kitty hideaway beds..