If you made my DIY sunflower butter, which I hope you did because it is super yummy, you might have a bit leftover in a tub in your fridge right now. Like I did. Well I decided to test out my sun butter for cookies. Because that was one of my main reasons for making nut-free butter - to make sure sun butter could easily take the place of peanut or almond butter in cookies for kids who might be allergic.
Well, I was thrilled when these vegan Sunny Blues Breakfast Cookies turned out to be dee-li-she-oh-so. Like really good guys. Rich from all the sun butter, creamy and textured from the banana and oats and super nutty and fluffy. Like a muffin top. Gluten-free too! Plus they have plump and juicy blueberries for added nutrition and maximum yum factor. Give these a try and have cookies for brekky!..
Oh my goodness. Only ONE MONTH until HHVK is in stores. Have you secured your copy yet? The pre-order prices tend to be quite competitive AND you get your copy plopped on your doorstep for the launch. Fuss free cookbook buying. You can get home from work one day, find your happy surprise copy, and be making one of my recipes for dinner that night! Talk about convenience ;) How does a Pesto Chickpea Bowl sound .. that's pg. 187. Or Mushroom Fajitas (pg. 235) or Aztec Tempeh Burgers with secret sauce (pg. 124). Or a Summer Caesar Salad (pg. 173). And you need a slice of my German Chocolate Loaf Cake (pg. 279).
Pre-order deets here or swoop over to Amazon ASAP.
And a big huge T H A N K Y O U to everyone who has already supported me by pre-ordering. This is my BIG BOOK release (I do not plan on writing another book for a while) so I really appreciate all the support from my readers. Seriously, you will probably hear me say/write this a ba-zillion times, but it is true. Your support means everything to me. To see you guys buying my books and embracing my brand is beyond happiness for me.
Grab and go breakfast! Eat them ASAP or store them in the fridge and reheat to serve -- perfect for busy mornings. Freeze them for longer storage.
Wipe away your blues with these sunny cookies. Meet my Sunny Blues breakfast cookies. Juicy blueberries, oats, bananas and loads of sun butter.
Sunny Blues Breakfast Cookies
Simple, amazing sun butter breakfast cookies!
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup sunflower seed butter (homemade + chilled)***
- 1 cup oat flour (rolled oats processed in my Vitamix)
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 small-medium bananas or 1 large
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, grade B
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, organic
- topping: 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds + 1-2 Tbsp raw turbino sugar crystals (thick cut kind!)
- ***My sun butter with my 'thick' version from my recipe, modify amount if needed based on your sun butter's density. ---- ALSO, if you need to sub with peanut or almond butter, go for it.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, grease a baking pan.
- All the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl: oat flour, baking powder.
- In a blender, combine bananas, lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract and sun butter. Blend until thick and smooth.
- Pour wet mixture into dry bowl and stir well until thick and smooth - this is a wet cookie dough.
- Fold in the frozen blueberries.
- Using a spoon, drop heaping spoonfuls of the batter onto the cookie sheet. Add sunflower seeds and sugar topping on top.
- Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes, or until edges begin to lightly brown. Cool a few minutes before enjoying.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 00:00:15 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: cookies,blueberries,sun butter,sunflower seeds,breakfast,vegan,snack,healthy,oilfree,bananas