Work snack approved! Five servings in one recipe, so share with friends or save for later!
Vitamix in person! This dip is a spin on a recipe I learned during my visit to Vitamix headquarters this past week. I ventured out to Cleveland Ohio to meet with several of the amazing staff members of Vitamix. The talented chefs prepared this snack one day, just one of the MANY amazing recipes I tried over the course of two fun-filled days. (I will talk more about my Vitamix experience in a later post!)
I love this dip because it starts with the basic idea of making homemade nut butter and turns it into a creative savory-sweet snack, with endless serving possibilities.
Pairing nuts with coconut milk and curry was Vitamix's genius idea. I boosted things by adding a few additional spices and a boost of warming fresh ginger in the too. They served this dip with a less blended portion of arugula, so you could see the green specks, while I kept things a bit silkier and greener, and fully blended the greens. They used a red curry paste for the curry flavor and I used my basic sweet curry powder.
Original serving cups at Vitamix HQ:
Curious to try the recipe? I highly recommend this one! Snacking is a fun and healthy way to fuel your day. And you can even spread this dip on sandwiches, drizzle into wraps, serve with fresh romaine leaves or roll into steamed collard wraps. So many possibilities for these spicy-sweet flavors.
You could even serve on romaine leaves with golden raisins! Golden ladybugs on a leaf :)
Nut Butter Rice Meal Idea! Try this: Toss 1 cup warm brown rice with 1-2 teaspoons of this nut butter for some cashew butter rice! Add tofu cubes, roasted broccoli or cauliflower and maybe even some steamed or baked chickpeas for a delicious cashew-butter-infused meal!
Ginger-Curry Coconut Cashew Butter Dip
This delicious nut butter dip can be paired with veggies, appl slices, crackers or spread onto toast and add some avocado or veggies over top! Super for a smart snack with some savory sweet flavor.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk or 1 Tbsp full-fat + 3 Tbsp water
- 3/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (add another spoonful for a sweeter dip)
- 1/4 cup greens, baby kale or arugula (optional)
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of pepper
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- optional: a few pinches of cayenne for heat
- garnish: crushed cashews, a pinch of grated ginger and dash of cayenne
- Add all ingredients except the greens to a Vitamix, or another high-speed blender.
- Blend from low to high until silky smooth.
- For bits of greens, chunkier texture, pulse in the greens. For silky smooth dip with greens blended in, blend until silky smooth. Use high setting for silky texture.
- Spoon into serving bowl and add garnish on top. Serve as is! Store leftover in the fridge. Dip is best served at room temperature, nice and soft.
Yield: 1 1/4 cups, 5 servingsPrep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 5 mins.
- Calories: 197kcal
- Fat: 15g
- Protein: 5g
- Totalcarbs: 12g
*disclosure: This post contains a Vitamix affiliate link. Ready to buy the best blender ever? Get free shipping by using my link!