Skip the line at Starbucks by making a PSL at home! And this vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte is made using real pumpkin, warming spices, cozy maple syrup and non-dairy milk. Watch me whip up this seasonal latte in my latest YouTube video + get my PSL tips!..
Serve with some Cinnamon Toast Muffins! (lovvve these.)
This is for cozy time. Like THIS..
9 PSL Tips:
1 * Soy Good. Use organic, non-GMO soymilk. It is a bit creamier than other vegan milks, and foams up the best when blended. Frothy bliss.
2 * Whip it! Make your own coconut whip or use soy or rice whip. I buy mine at Whole Foods.
3 * Pumpkin. If you have time, you can make a big batch of homemade pumpkin puree simply by baking a whole pumpkin (remove those seeds) and then scooping out the flesh and pureeing it in a high-speed blender. Easy! Or you can simply use canned or boxed pumpkin puree. unsweetened only. (no pumpkin pie mix)
4 * Spices. You can use cinnamon and nutmeg or even try pumpkin pie spice!
5 * Coffee Free. Not into coffee? You can substitute more non-dairy milk, or some black tea! I love doing chai tea pumpkin spice lattes.
6 * Added things. Add some vegan caramel on top! Or sprinkle some vanilla bean flakes into the blend. For a spicy kick, add a pinch of cayenne.
7 * To taste. This drink is easy to customize (just like at Starbucks!) add more or less sweetener, and add more or less espresso or coffee. You can make it extra hot by warming the milk a bit longer or warming it just before sipping by popping it back in the microwave for a few seconds.
8 * Blend well! You do not want clumpy sips, so be sure to blend your beverage with the pumpkin very well at a high speed when the drink is very hot. This smoothes things out.
9 * Make two! This drink tastes even better with one thing: a friend to sip and clink mugs with!
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
Easily make a PSL drink at home with real pumpkin and spice flavors!
- 8oz soy milk (or another non-dairy milk)
- 1-2oz espresso or 2-4oz strong coffee
- 1 heaping Tbsp pumpkin puree (unsweetened) -- or more to taste
- 1 tsp grade B maple syrup (or to taste)
- a few pinches of nutmeg and cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice blend)
- optional: coconut whip and caramel on top
- Pour the soymilk into your serving mug. Microwave for 2-3 minutes or until very hot.
- Pour hot milk into blender and add the pumpkin, espresso, spices and sweetener. Blend from low to high until pumpkin is smooth.
- Pour this mixture back into the serving mug.
- (optional) Microwave for an additional 20-30 seconds to create a frothy top layer.
- Add vegan whip and/or caramel and spices and serve!
Yield: 1 servingPrep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 5 mins.Tags: pumpkin,beverage,fall,latte,coffee,vegan
You may also love my HOT PUMPKIN MUG. Pure pumpkin swoon flavor. Coffee-free!
SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel!