These warm and fluffy Pecan Pie Oatmeal Cookies are rustic on the outside, dreamy on the inside. They are filled with goodness yet taste like dessert. Perfect pairing with a warm fall mug!
These cozy-time cookies are vegan, gluten free and sweetened only with bananas and sticky sweet Medjool dates. Loads of robust fall spices like ginger and cinnamon accent each bite. Each giant-sized cookie has just under 200 calories and 6.5 g protein too. So grab a warm PSL and snuggle in your favorite spot while you nibble these sweet delight cookies!
Date and banana sweetened
These Bard Valley Medjool Dates are truly the best I have EVER had. so good.. (buy online here, a few of you asked for link!)
With a little help from my sous chef, aka husband, I managed to get back in the kitchen and make these super yummy cookies today. These were the perfect afternoon snack to nibble on since they look and taste like dreamy cookies, but they are quite nutrient dense with protein, fiber and healthy fats.
These are no-fuss spoon-drop cookies, which means rather than rolling them or scooping them into perfect circle shapes, I simply spoon the textured cookie dough onto the baking sheet for some wonderfully nutty, textured results. Easy too!
Add-ins. These would be even more amazing if you wanted to add in a scoop of golden raisins, a cup of shredded carrots or even, gulp, a few scoops of some pumpkin puree.
Pecan Pie Oatmeal Cookies
These vegan, gluten free, no sugar added oatmeal cookies are fluffy and tender, made from rolled oats, bananas, dates and spices!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp maca powder (vanilla spice flavor used)
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 Tbsp ginger powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp vanilla protein powder
- 2 large bananas, extra ripe
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk, warmed slightly or room temperature
- 1 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 5 large medjool dates, pitted
- On top: 10 pecans for garnish .. optional: a tiny sprinkle of vegan granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Add the rolled oats and pecans to a high speed blender of food processor and blend until a oat-pecan flour forms. Add this flour to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the remaining dry ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir well.
- Add all the wet ingredients to the same blender or fp. Blend until smooth and thick.
- Fold the wet into the dry and stir until a thick and wet cookie dough forms. Place the mixing bowl in the freezer for about 5 minutes to firm up just a bit. Then using a large spoon, just spoon drop the dough onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees and cool on a cooling rack. Serve warm. Store on the counter top for up to a day, or chill for later re-warming and serving.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees and cool on a cooling rack. Serve warm. Store on the counter top for up to a day, or chill for later re-warming and serving.
Yield: 10 large cookiesPrep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 22 mins.Tags: cookies,dessert,fall,oatmeal cookies,breakfast,vegan
Also pairs well with me HOT PUMPKIN MUG. Pure pumpkin swoon flavor. Coffee-free!