Green smoothies are popular chatter on the wellness blogosphere for very good reason. 1) They are incredibly healthy and brimming with nutrient density. 2) They taste amazing when blended with ingredients you love. Today's recipe, my Thick and Frosty Sweet Green Protein Smoothie, puts a thick and frosty spin on my green smoothie. I add in frozen bananas to chill things down and pack plenty of leafy greens into my blender. In my latest YouTube video, watch me blend up this protein and nutrient-packed shake and then pop into your kitchen and try it for yourself!..
Adored this blend last week..
Green smoothies make me happy.
Kitties make me happy.
The color light aqua makes me happy.
Working hard to make a video to publish to my YouTube channel makes me happy.
(Hearing that you have subscribed to my channel also makes me insanely giddy and motivated to keep filming and experimenting with video.)
Being able to change my profile/bio photos by setting up and coordinating photoshoots myself, in my living room, with my kitties stepping in, makes me pretty happy.
Sipping and sipping and sipping an amazing sweet green, frosty-thick green smoothie makes me happy and satisfied.
So today I am sharing these little joys with you.
Green smoothie preppin' - just five steps, so it doesn't take long at all.
If you can't GIF yourself, who can you GIF?
Frosty Sweet Green Smoothie
This thick and frosty smoothie is sweet and delicious. So delicious you might forget how good it is for you! Rich in fiber, protein, magnesium, vitamins and leafy green goodness.
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 apple, chopped
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 2 giant handfuls of chard (or spinach or kale)
- handful of pumpkin seeds (salted + raw + sprouted)
- optional: scoop of vegan protein powder, vanilla or plain
- Prep ingredients by washing and drying the chard, chopping the apple and freezing a few bananas.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend from low to high until frosty and smooth. Tip: For an even thicker blend, only add 1/2 cup non-dairy milk OR add another frozen banana or another frozen fruit like mango or frozen melon cubes.
Yield: 1-2 servingsPrep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 5 mins.Tags: smoothie,green smoothie,dairyfree,vegan,beverage,drink,smoothie,protein