Need some ice cream for your magical shell chocolate topping? Well here you go.
If you are still curious about how to make the popular cultural phenomenon known as "blender ice cream" well I have a nifty video how-to for you today. And to keep things festive for the upcoming 4th of July weekend, I am sharing a Red Strawberry, White Banana and Blueberry-themed Banana Soft Serve flavor.
This creamy and silky blender ice cream tastes amazing and is so healthy! You can easily eat this very tall glass of frosty bliss, guilt-free, at any hour of the day. Dive into vegan banana blender ice cream! How-to video included! Bonus: Also get info on the Peel the Love “Banana Cabana” Tour!
Funny Story. I was inspired to do this post because my mom texted me yesterday, after watching my magical shell ice cream topping video, asking how to make vegan banana soft serve.
So. For you mom. I bring this easy how-to video and recipe post :) Tip #1: Peel the banana before freezing it!
And this banana soft serve has some 4th of July holiday pizzazz!
Vegan basics: banana soft serve!
Getting a little photoshop artsy. Love the blueberry color best.
Banana Soft Serve Blender Ice Cream
Make super easy blender ice cream using just fruit and non-dairy milk!
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1/4-1 cup non-dairy milk (use minimal amount as needed to blend)
- red layer: 1/2 cup frozen strawberries + scoop of banana soft serve + splash of non-dairy milk
- blue layer: 1/2 cup frozen blueberries + scoop of banana soft serve + splash of non-dairy milk
- Freeze you bananas the night before. Use dark-spotted or very ripe bananas for best flavor, texture and sweetness.
- Add the banana to blender. High speed blenders will produce the thickest consistency of soft serve. (Add banana in pieces or slices - use hands to break large pieces and a knife to slice if desired.)
- Add a few splashes of non-dairy milk. Start minimally. Add more as needed to blend. You may need to stop and scrape sides of container during the blending process. Blend from low to high until smooth.
- Spoon banana soft serve into a chilled dish to serve right away OR scoop into a chilled dish and place back into freezer to firm up a bit to a scoopable state.
- If making red, white and blue flavors, simply blend the red and blue separately and add to container to freeze along side pure banana mixture. Serve and enjoy! Add toppings like chopped nuts, granola, coconut, cacao nibs, fresh fruit, coconut whip and more if desired.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: dessert,easy,ice cream,banana,snack,breakfast,soft serve, blender,vegan
Peel the Love “Banana Cabana” Tour!
If you are a banana fan like me, here is a super fun tour that Dole is having this summer. The Peel the Love website is filled with recipes, info and just plain old FUN. Check it out.
What is it? Organized by DOLE® Bananas and co-sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze® Almondmilk,the two caravans are stopping at supermarkets, special events and other local venues to help you get banana inspired! Fun, whimsy and creativity galore. The tour offers you new ways to add fresh produce to summer meals, snacking, parties and entertaining plans! In other words, banana fun and creative ideas all the way.
Banana Cabana Tour Stops Still to Come - see website for details:
June 26-July 7 – Salt Lake City (Smiths 10am-1pm)
July 5-7 – Raleigh/Durham, NC
July 12-14 – Columbia, SC
July 14-18 – Phoenix
July 19-25 – Jacksonville
July 23-26 – San Diego
July 28 – August 2 – Alabama
July 31-August 3 – Los Angeles
August 7-8 – Mississippi
August 7-10 – San Francisco
August 11-15 – Sacramento
August 14-16 – St. Louis, MO
August 17-18 – Reno, NV
August 21-24 –Des Moines
August 22-25 – Portland, OR
August 29-Sept 1 – Minneapolis
August 29-Sept 1 - Seattle
7/14/2014 - 7/15/2014
3pm - 6pm
*Peel the Love content is sponsored, but all opinions are my own.