This end-of-summer time of year reminds us that all these friendly warm breezes, blush and citrus sunsets, sunshine-filled days and lazy seasonal moods are soon coming to a close. Cool, crisp fall air will be rushing in as stores fill their shelves with Halloween costume displays and pumpkin-themed everything. But we still have a good month to embrace this laid back season so lets do it with some gusto and fun by celebrating together!
End of summer potlucks are my fave. So don't be shy! Text your friends and organize something sassy, casual, silly, fancy-schmancy, kid-approved, girly, backyard-y, hipster-ish, picnic-y or beachy before the summer sun fades. Amazing vegan food was meant to be shared, so break out of your shell and lets do this thing! I'll bring the rose champagne! :)
Here are 33 potluck perfect vegan recipes to inspire your feast..
POTLUCK. The phrase "pot-luck" used to send chills up my spine as I envisioned school events and community gatherings with half-hearted food wrapped in tinfoil or sealed inside ominous-looking tin or orange-flowered porcelain casserole dishes. But it seems that pot-luck feasts have made a bit of a comeback as people start getting in the kitchen and experimenting with new recipes. Exciting and inspired recipes breathe new life into the once stale idea of a potluck party. Especially vegan dishes that just scream out "try me! try me!"
Vegan dishes are great for pot-luck meals because they contain no meat, dairy or eggs and usually keep a bit longer set out since their are made from plants which (usually) require less refrigeration. And in this age of cooping yourself up inside, and using your cell or computer to reach out to friends and family, potluck feasts allow you to interact with your favorite people in person. And you get an excuse to primp yourself up and put on your party duds - casual or fancy - this party is all about what the guests bring to it. Attitude AND food.
What is not to love? Amazing friends and maybe a few new ones, and delicious "favorite" dishes. And hey vegans -> do not be afraid to head to a non-vegan gathering toting one or a few of your favorite plant-based dishes. I've found that most people are curious to try a new-to-them dish and (as you already know) they will probably love it. Pot-luck gatherings offer a perfect setting to taste and try! And tasting and trying is truly what sells plant-based eating to people! These flavors, these colors, feel good foods.
Now my only issue, the term potluck seems a bit dated yes? Lets come up with a new term...
Any good ideas?
Well anyways, whatever you call it, these vegan dishes are good to go!..
25 Pot-Luck Perfect Vegan Dishes
1. Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies - Win them over with a vegan dessert that anyone would love! Familiar peanut butter cookies are warm and chewy. Totally lovable.
2. Jalapeno "Cheddar" Biscuits - These fluffy, cheezy, lightly spicy biscuits serve as a great bread side. Perfect with dips and spreads.
3. Herb-Crusted Pate - This lentil nut peppercorn pate looks like the real thing, and spreads onto crackers and toast beautifully. Luckily, this version is cruelty free which makes it even more fabulous!
4. Lucky Green Dip - This yummy, lucky green bean and nut dip will add some color to your pot-luck table or picnic blanket!
5. Fudgey Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies - Everyone will want to at least try these brownies when you tell them the secret ingredient is black beans! I bet they will be shocked that beans make for delicious brownies!
6. Lemon-Jalapeno Asparagus Cashew Salad Sandwiches - These elegant tea sandwich style bites are perfect for a pot-luck. Slice into quarters and watch them disappear!
7. Double Coconut Blueberry Muffins - These moist and decadent muffins are great for a brunch-style pot-luck. They serve as a bakery side or a blueberry-infused dessert.
8. Traditional Hummus Dip - so like really, who doesn't love hummus?
9. Chocolate Chip Cookies - Line these babies up and watch them fly off the plate. This is my best decadent vegan choco chip cookie recipe!
10. Fatty Taquitos - These baked and rolled Mexi-inspireed handheld bites are perfect as casual party food. They should be warmed when preparing, but taste great even if slightly cooled.
11. Nut Butter Wraps - If kids will be at your feast, they will love this nut butter infused dish.
12. Nacho Pizzas - These mini "pizzas" filled with Mexican flavors are perfect for serving to a crowd. Easy to make too!
13. Princess Plate - Elegant romaine leaves make for delicious, lovely serving vessels for dip and princess dressing.
14. Rainbow Slaw - Colorful and lively. This red cabbage slaw will hold up to a long pot-luck feast!
15. Smores Rice Crispy Treats - Perfect for a party, these inviting rice crispy squares are sure to be a hit! They show how a classic dessert can easily be veganized.
16. Cashew Cheese - Highly versatile baked cashew cheese is a dish everyone will want to try! It is easy to add your favorite seasonings, herbs and flavors to this cashew cheese base recipe too.
17. Jalapeno Poppers - These cheezy, crispy bites taste best warm, but even if they cool off a bit they will still be delish!
18. Summer Pita Bowl - Whip up a few summer pita bowls to serve your hungry crowd. Pita pockets are less messy than sandwiches and your can get creative with your pita fillings.
19. Mac 'n Cheeseless Baked Pasta - MacNCheez is a must have at any potluck where warm dishes are doable. This vegan recipe will impress!
20. Summer Reboot Salad - This colorful corn-infused salad will help you celebrate summer and enjoy one of its best seasonal treats: sweet corn!
21. Pineapple Fried Quinoa Boat - This dish was meant to be served to a crowd! Fun and lively, this pineapple boat dish is quinoa-tastic.
22. Mini Philly Cheese Sandwiches - This recipe is easy to make mini. Find some slide buns, or slice crusty bread into small servings and secure sandwiches with a toothpick. Everyone will want to taste a veganized Philly Cheese!
23. Aloha Salad with Tiki Tempeh - Just call this salad a party in a bowl.
24. Vegan Pigs in a Blanket - The classic party food, gone vegan.
25. Deviled Avocados with Curry Sauce - These avocados are great for bringing to a small gathering since they are hefty in size and expensive to make! All those avocado halves can add up! But totally worth it when you see your party friends dive into this bliss. To keep avocados fresh, smother them in lemon or lime juice before packing up to transport. Keep cool until served.
26. Summer Slaws - 6 recipes to choose from for this classic summer picnic food. Slaws are best served slightly chilled so keep on ice if you can.
27. Spicy Cheezy Kale Chips - A pile of kale chips is a welcome addition to any pot-luck party! Grab them before they are gone.
28. Five Step Kale Salad - Easy to make, this kale salad will hold up upon serving. Kale is great for parties because it doesn't get soggy or limp like more delicate greens can.
29. Cali-Veggie Burger Sliders - Perfect for parties, these light and lovely veggie burgers are fun and tasty.
30. White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies - These classic cookies always seem to come in those "cookie party packs" - well show everyone the delicious vegan version!
31. S&P Tofu Triangles - Easy tofu side that doesn't get soggy or mushy. Light and peppery flavors are easy to love.
32. Cauliflower Swirl Dip - So this is more fall than summer, but it is sooo good I don't care. Get your pals excited for the season to come with this dip or spread!
33. Kale Avo Tempeh Wraps - Slice into small bites and secure with a toothpick. These wraps are delicious served warm or at room temperature - party perfect.
And when potluck-ing (or whatever you call it) it is always fun to take some snaps to share. My Nokia Lumia takes amazing shots in low lighting. Perfect for gatherings with imperfect lighting, candlelit lighting, glow in-home lighting and other dim settings. These colors still POP! I love the editing tools on this amazing phone..
#Reinvented This is the last post in my Nokia Lumia Reinvented Summer Recipe Series! Take a look back at all the fun summer posts here on HHL:
* Welcome to the Summer Series: Vegan Ice Cream Sundae
* How-to Make a Delicious Summer Acai Bowl
* 4th of July Round-Up + Fireworks Photo Tips!
* Peach-Provolone Grilled Cheese + Beach Picnic Photos!
* 10 Amazing Veggie Burger Recipes! + Dad's Day Backyard Burger Pics
*This post is part of my summer series, sponsored by the Nokia Lumia 928, Microsoft phone.