Still feeling the 'spring forward' groggies from daylight savings time, I woke up craving something that would rev me up for the day ahead. And since my husband LOVES my vegan breakfast sandwiches, I knew making this for him on an ordinary Wednesday would ease the route to rise and shine.
I turned on the stove and as soon as that sizzle from the pan kicked in and yummy smells started wafting, I knew I was in business. Ready to spring into action (maybe even before the sun peeks through the trees?) This vegan Shamrock Breakfast Sandwich should do the trick. Spicy, sweet, toasty, green and pepper aromas coming to a kitchen near you...
The Sandwich. Make those leprechauns super jealous...
Creamy chipotle jalapeno sauce drizzles and melts over top tender avocado, a pepper-chipotle spiced vegan sausage patty, buttery pan-toasted pepitas, shallot-infused kale and plenty of fine pepper. All on a toasted English muffin.
Green your AM. Via a breakfast sandwich.
If you loved my Jack-o-Pumpkin Breakfast Sandwich for fall, you will love this Shamrock Sandwich for spring! Side of green juice. And that is how you have a green bliss day!..
Shamrock Breakfast Sandwich
vegan, serves one
1 vegan sausage patty (I use GimmeLean vegan sausage)
top with during cooking:
dash chipotle powder
dash fine black pepper
dash seasoned salt (I use Penzey's Spices 4/S spicy)
rub of veggie oil (safflower or EVOO for me)
2 cups kale, torn
1/2 tsp truffle infused oil (optional, but oh so YUM)
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
dash fine pepper
2 Tbsp raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
a few dashes seasoned salt
1/2 shallot, thinly sliced
1 1/2 Tbsp Vegenaise (vegan mayo)
1/2 tsp dried jalapeno
dash chipotle powder
dash seasoned salt
1 Tbsp sweet green juice for color/thinning (or use citrus juice)
sliced avocado, lemon juice rubbed (2-4 slices)
1 English Muffin, toasted
note: you can reduce the oil used in the cooking process to lighten the total calories if desired. You can easily cook the components without using any oil and just a few splashes of water.
1. Add a drizzle of oil to a saute pan. Turn heat to high. Add in the chopped shallot. Cook for about one minute - until shallot starts to brown. Pour shallot and oil into small bowl, set aside.
2. Keep heat on high and lay your vegan sausage patty in the pan. I use the kind that comes in tube and you can press out into whatever thicknes, size you'd like. Cooks super fast. Well seasoned, but I add a few extra spices. While cooking, add spices to both sides of patty. Add a drizzle of oil if desired. The patties are naturally fat free, but I add a splash of oil to saute. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side - until edges brown. Remove hot patty and set aside.
3. Add all the kale saute ingredients to the warm pan. Cover with lid while the kale cooks.steams for about one minute. You just want to wilt the kale and infuse it with some flavor. Turn off heat and transfer wilted kale to shallot bowl. Toss the shallot with the kale and pepitas.
4. Mix together the vegan jalapeno mayo.
5. Assemble! Spread the vegan jalapeno sauce/mayo on the inside of each toasted English muffin. Add sliced avocado, patty, then top with plenty of the kale mixture. Close sandwich with top muffin and serve warm!
Side of citrus, kale, grape, mint, pineapple, soy green juice is loverly.
StumbleUpon it! If you like this post - please show your love by StumblingUpon it!