This week's Meatless Monday Recipe Round-up via my posts over at Babble's Family Kitchen include a tropical shake to help you sip the winter blues away, a healthy bowl-fest of recipes, a vanilla cream pie. Get these recipes and more inspiration for your Meatless Monday and the week ahead!..
Dinner and a Movie. Mondays need cute YouTube videos too. So before you get in the kitchen and cook up a meatless feast, take a smile break with these three videos I found for you today. In no particular order...
1) Jazz for Cows
2) CrystalLight 1998 Aerobics Competition Intro - *dance number*
3) Cute Cat Sleeping Weird (without a care in the world)
What are some of your recent *feel good* video finds?
Meatless "Monday" Recipe Round-Up - 1/23/2012
* Smoothie : Aloha Pineapple Shake
Who says you can't make smoothies in winter. In fact, this frosty sip will help you daydream of exotic, tropical, beachy, sea-breeze places. Turn up your thermostat, warm up your vitamin and grab a straw!
* Round-Up: 21 Healthy Meals in a Bowl
I LOVE a good bowl. In fact, I prefer to a bowl to a plate any day. Browse my 21 favorite cozy-bowl recipes including warming soups, salads and grain-goodness bowls galore.
* Dinner: Mushroom Kale Rice Bowl
Take my have peanut kale salad, add some rice and amazing mushrooms and you get a super duper dinner that will satisfy a hungry crowd or dinner for one. Peanuts and cilantro on top.
* Dessert: Banilla Cream Pie with Ginger Caramel
Bananas, vanilla and creamy caramel make this dessert a cravable dish on my menu. Add a top layer of coconut whip or coconut cream to make an amazing Banana Cream Pie - or eat as shown!
* Football TV Snacks: Football Season Snacks Go Vegan
The snakiest day of the year is only a few weeks away. Try these guy-approved vegan snacks for your winter TV watching fun. Cheezy nachos and jalapeno poppers are just a few of the delicious recipes in this round-up.
* Healthy New Year. 25 Foods to Add to your Diet in 2012
Stop worrying about what to remove from your diet and start focusing on adding healthy foods. By feeding your body the good stuff, you may crave less of the not-so-good stuff.
* Detox Slideshow: 19 Ways to Detox Your Diet
From fiber-rich chia seeds to fresh-pressed juices and spicy metabolism-lifting foods - here are my 19 ways to detox for a healthy 2012. Fresh start!
More inspiration -> Find vegan in 2012... Vegan Recipes from Finding Vegan. Celebrate a healthy, happy, vegan 2012 with the help of my other site: FindingVegan.com
For more "get healthy" inspiration check out this year's Veggie Girl Power Series. And catch-up on past interviews here: 2009 and 2010 and 2009 quotes.
About my Meatless Monday round-ups: Once a week I link to all my posts over at Babble.com so that you don't miss out on any of my recipes. My round-up is a great way to embrace Meatless Monday.
Previous Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up's:
* 1/17 - Spelt Biscuits, Chia Bread, Kale Sandwich, Fresca How-to
* 1/9 - Cocoa Peanut Cookies, Apple Pancakes, Cheezy Leek Chow Mein, New Year's Detox..
* 12/20 - Holiday Edition!
* 12/12 - Vegan Cheese, potato stew, cardamom chocolate cake and more.
* 11/28 - Post-Thanksgiving Meatless Monday recipe.
* 11/14 - Pre-Thanksgiving Meatless Monday recipe.
* 11/7 - Pumpkin Cheesecake, BBQ Chickpea Wrap, Easy Spicy Chick'n Ranch Wrap, Concord Cranberry Sauce and more!
* 10/31 - Halloween Bonanza - treats, sips, and more..
* 10/24 - Banana Pecan Muffins, Halloween Candy Veganized, Halloween Cupcakes.
* 10/17 - Papaya bowl, witches brew broccoli cheesy soup, cheezy broomsticks, Spiderweb Brownie Bites, Tofu Triangles over couscous with candied cashews and broccoli.
* 10/10 - Pumpkin Pizza, Fruity Faces, Peanut butter Banana Pudding, Carrot Juice and Double Pumpkin Cream Pie.
* 10/3 - Naughty/Nice Vegan Desserts, Raw Chocolate Shake, Pumpkin Potato Salad, Pumpkin Spice Cider Smoothie and more..
* 9/26 - cauliflower soup, pomegranate fizzy cocktail, food truck gyros at home, ghost whip, almost tiramisu pie
* 9/19 - apple jack flapjacks, seared tofu, tropical green smoothie, vanilla coconut latte, sumac salad
* 9/12 - ginger frosty, peanut butter cream pie, vegan chili, easy coconut rice and wonton lunch, peanut butter fruit stack sandwich
* 9/5 - Labor Day "Southern Food" Feast - biscuits, "chickn" fried seitan, cole slaw, pb shake
* 8/29 - pesto alphabet pasta, banana split, sweet potato biscuits, pasta salad to-go, cheeze sauce
* 8/22 - tropical smoothie, mushroom bites, veggie burger, love your green juice, peas and pasta cheezy style
* 8/15 - vegan jello, sunny pesto pasta, peachy "A" Smoothie, creamy cole slaw recipes, vegan sloppy joes, apricot cobbler and lime basil sorbet!
* 8/8 - jumbo croutons, fresh tomato hummus, peanut butter pillows, veggie burger slideshow, sticky maple french toast, cinna-rolls and more!
* 8/1 - hazelnut hummus, pesto pasta, tofu scramble, squash blossoms, savory waffles, hash browns.
* 7/25 - smoothies, vegan burrito, blueberry bread, panzanella salad, beet salad, peach crisp.
* 7/18 - roasted pepper hummus, raw food eats, papaya smoothie, owl cake, chocolate pudding parfait, hemp mashed potatoes and watermelon recipes.
And you can always peruse my HHL Recipe Index for many more vegan, meatless recipes!