Happy Thanksgiving week! It's the busiest time of year for at-home cooks, self-proclaimed foodies and food bloggers like me. Recipes, shopping lists, party preparations, bevies, table settings and plenty of pumpkin pies can keep our minds quite busy this week. So whether you are crafting an all-vegan feast or simply want to add some veg-friendly dishes to your spread - my recipes will give you a helping hand - and hopefully calm your mind just a tad.
From lovely pumpkin pie to hearty vegan stuffing and tangy sweet cranberry sauce - I've got you covered this holiday season! So here is this week's oversized Meatless Monday Recipe Round-up via my posts over at Babble.com's Family Kitchen - PLUS my Thanksgiving inspiration for the week ahead...
(Babble Meatless Monday round-up follows the Thanksgiving recipe links)
Vegan Thanksgiving Round-Up! So many recipes, so little time.
Lets start with some Thanksgiving basics. This slideshow over at Babble has it all! Stuffing, cranberry sauce, veggie sides, entree ideas, desserts and more. Check out my 15 Vegan Thanksgiving recipes <-- START HERE. My classic faves and a few creative twists on tradition.
A few more holiday faves I pulled from my recipe archives:
* 11 Alternatives to Tofurky
* Ginger Pear Shooters
* Fizzy Pom Cocktail
* Peanut Butter Desserts (pb choco chip pie!)
* 5-Ingredient Pumpkin Pie or my 4-Ingredient Pumpkin Pie
* Easy Pumpkin Pudding (lighter dessert option)
* 7 Dairy-Free Cream Pies (pumpkin cream pie too!)
* Classic Cheesecake Pumpkin Pie, Swirled
* Pumpkin Cinnamon Bun Cake
* Caramel Apple Pie
* Sweet Potato Biscuits
* Trio of Stuffings
* Ginger Sage Butternut Pumpkin Soup - like velvet
* Cranberry Sauce Two Ways
* Cranberry Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
* Citrus Butternut Squash Dip
* Toasty Pumpkin Chickpea Fritters
* Spiced Hazelnut Hummus
* Easy Cheezy Garlicky Hemp Mashed Potatoes
* Arugula Macadamia Mango Avocado Salad
* Deep Red Beet and Greens Salad (aka The Twilight Salad - your teen guests will love this one!)
* Roasted Cheezy Broccoli over golden saffron quinoa
* Creamy Dill Potato Salad
* Panko Crispy Green Bean Fries (fun alternative to casserole!)
* Sweet Potato Tofu Hash - cozy concoction of tofu, sweet potatoes and veggies
* Sweet and Sassy Sweet Potato Pockets - an old have of mine!
* Pumpkin Spice Cashew Cheese Dip
* Vegan Cheezy Spinach Dip
* Lemon Thyme Hummus Dip
* 18 Holiday Season Breakfast Recipes (lattes, cinna buns, savory breakfast sandwiches and more!)
* Creamy Pumpkin Maple Rice Porridge
* Holiday Spice Cranberry Tropical Oatmeal
Finding Vegan. I'm not the only vegan blogger posting a flurry of holiday recipes. Check out my other site FindingVegan.com - my goodness I've never seen so much yumminess in one place. Finding Vegan has hundreds of vegan holiday recipes submitted by a variety of talented bloggers. FindingVegan's #HOLIDAY tag
Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up - 11/21
* Breakfast: Holiday Spice Cranberry Tropical Oatmeal
Cranberries, warm oats, macadamia nuts, spice and bananas make this a lovely breakfast for the holiday season.
* Healthy Foods: Thanksgiving Foods to Indulge in!
Thanksgiving is actually one of the healthiest meals all year if you pile the right types of food on your plate. From sweet potatoes to cinnamon - find out why these super foods are so super good for you! Have a guilt free feast.
* Thanksgiving: 15 Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
Need a little help throwing together a vegan feast this year? From stuffing and cranberry sauce to sweet potatoes and dessert - these 15 recipes will have you well on your way to a wonderful holiday! Delicious for you, happy for those sweet, fluffy-feathered turkeys. Turkey kisses to all!
*Entrees: 11 Alternatives to Tofurky
I adore a good Tofurky - but if you are a bit Tofurkied-out this year, here are 11 alternative entrees rich in vegan protein. Have a veg-friendly feast!
* Holiday Appetizer: 5-Minute Glazed Cocktail Balls
There is nothing worse than a room full of hungry guests and a dwindling appetizer platter. Sure veggies and dip will work, but try these steamy hot cocktail balls glazed in a spicy sweet sauce. Zesty pineapple on top.
* Bowl: Mandarin Crispy Chick'n Fried Rice Bowl
Fried rice and sticky sweet, savory crisp Gardein chick'n bits. This warm bowl has nothing to do with Thanksgiving week .. but maybe that's a good thing! Fried rice gone vegan..
* Kitchen Safety: Holiday kitchen Safety Tips with The Muppets
These adorable kitchen safety videos help you brush up on a few tips and get a good muppets-giggle in at the same time.
* Snow Day? 14 Snow Day Recipes!
When those snow days come, you'll want to be prepared! Here are 14 of my have recipes to inspire you - and get you energized for some serious snowball fights and snow-angel making sessions.
Also, be sure to check out this year's Veggie Girl Power Series. And catch-up on past interviews here: 2009 and 2010 and 2009 quotes.
Previous Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up's:
* 11/14 - Pumpkin Porridge, Tofu Triangles, Senate Bean Soup, Glazed Sweet Potato Rounds.
* 11/7 - Pumpkin Cheesecake, BBQ Chickpea Wrap, Easy Spicy Chick'n Ranch Wrap, Concord Cranberry Sauce and more!
* 10/31 - Halloween Bonanza - treats, sips, and more..
* 10/24 - Banana Pecan Muffins, Halloween Candy Veganized, Halloween Cupcakes.
* 10/17 - Papaya bowl, witches brew broccoli cheesy soup, cheezy broomsticks, Spiderweb Brownie Bites, Tofu Triangles over couscous with candied cashews and broccoli.
* 10/10 - Pumpkin Pizza, Fruity Faces, Peanut butter Banana Pudding, Carrot Juice and Double Pumpkin Cream Pie.
* 10/3 - Naughty/Nice Vegan Desserts, Raw Chocolate Shake, Pumpkin Potato Salad, Pumpkin Spice Cider Smoothie and more..
* 9/26 - cauliflower soup, pomegranate fizzy cocktail, food truck gyros at home, ghost whip, almost tiramisu pie
* 9/19 - apple jack flapjacks, seared tofu, tropical green smoothie, vanilla coconut latte, sumac salad
* 9/12 - ginger frosty, peanut butter cream pie, vegan chili, easy coconut rice and wonton lunch, peanut butter fruit stack sandwich
* 9/5 - Labor Day "Southern Food" Feast - biscuits, "chickn" fried seitan, cole slaw, pb shake
* 8/29 - pesto alphabet pasta, banana split, sweet potato biscuits, pasta salad to-go, cheeze sauce
* 8/22 - tropical smoothie, mushroom bites, veggie burger, love your green juice, peas and pasta cheezy style
* 8/15 - vegan jello, sunny pesto pasta, peachy "A" Smoothie, creamy cole slaw recipes, vegan sloppy joes, apricot cobbler and lime basil sorbet!
* 8/8 - jumbo croutons, fresh tomato hummus, peanut butter pillows, veggie burger slideshow, sticky maple french toast, cinna-rolls and more!
* 8/1 - hazelnut hummus, pesto pasta, tofu scramble, squash blossoms, savory waffles, hash browns.
* 7/25 - smoothies, vegan burrito, blueberry bread, panzanella salad, beet salad, peach crisp.
* 7/18 - roasted pepper hummus, raw food eats, papaya smoothie, owl cake, chocolate pudding parfait, hemp mashed potatoes and watermelon recipes.
And you can always peruse my HHL Recipe Index for many more vegan, meatless recipes!