This week's Meatless Monday Recipe Round-up via my posts over at Babble.com's Family Kitchen: Creamy Pumpkin Spice Porridge, Snow Day Breakfasts, Senate Bean Soup, Salt and Pepper Tofu, Seasonal Recipes, Sweet Potato Medallions glazed in maple spice and more inspiration for today and the week ahead...
HOLIDAYS are coming.. Celebrate the holidays with the help of my other site: FindingVegan.com - hundreds of vegan recipes sure to inspire you (and more being posted everyday). From savory to sweet. FindingVegan's #HOLIDAY tag
Big shout our to my mom - today is her birthday so Happy Birthday mom! She is indeed my biggest blog-fan. And I'm so very proud of her the past few months she has transitioned her diet into "almost vegan." Soy milk, tofu, low oil, lots produce and other vegan goodies in her diet have helped her lose about 15 lbs - as well as increase her HDL and lower her LDL cholesterol. I love vegan success stories. And I'm especially proud of people who embrace vegan foods later in life. It can be hard to break habits that you have kept your entire life. So bravo mom! And Happy Healthy Birthday!!
Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up - 11/14
* Breakfast or Dessert: Creamy Pumpkin Spice Maple Rice Porridge
Creamy rice porridge infused with vanilla, pumpkin, spice and maple. This creamy, hearty bowl is delicious for a sweetly-kissed breakfast or hearty dessert. Oh, maybe a side scoop of vanilla soy or coconut cream over top the steaming hot rice - yum dessert..
* Soup: Veganized Senate Bean Soup
This is my new have soup recipe. I love it. White beans, vegan buttery mashed potato a few veggies and a nice burst of .. hot sauce! This is a recipe with a try history in the USA. The US Senate serves it at lunch every single day! So I decided to help them out with a delicious vegan version. Easy and delicious. Healthy too. Protein and fiber packed.
* Thanksgiving: 15 Vegan Thanksgiving Recipes
Need a little help throwing together a vegan feast this year? From stuffing and cranberry sauce to sweet potatoes and dessert - these 15 recipes will have you well on your way to a wonderful holiday! Delicious for you, happy for those sweet, fluffy-feathered turkeys. Turkey kisses to all!
* Entree or Appetizer: Salt/Pepper Tofu Triangles
These crispy, delightful little tofu triangles will have you ... craving tofu! Can you just imagine the dipping sauce possibilities?? Easy recipe that's a great party app!
* Holiday Breakfast: 18 Holiday Season-Approved Breakfasts
Start your busy holiday mornings off right with some serious vegan fuel. Pumpkin, spice, maple, pomegranate and more flavors of fall and winter ahead!
* Side Dish: Maple-Spiced Glazed Sweet Potato Medallions
Easy, delicious sweet potatoes - worthy of the snazziest holiday feast table.
* Snow Day!! 14 Snow Day Recipes!
When those snow days come, you'll want to be prepared! Here are 14 of my have recipes to inspire you - and get you energized for some serious snowball fights and snow-angel making sessions.
Also, be sure to check out this year's Veggie Girl Power Series. And catch-up on past interviews here: 2009 and 2010 and 2009 quotes.
Previous Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up's:
* 11/7 - Pumpkin Cheesecake, BBQ Chickpea Wrap, Easy Spicy Chick'n Ranch Wrap, Concord Cranberry Sauce and more!
* 10/31 - Halloween Bonanza - treats, sips, and more..
* 10/24 - Banana Pecan Muffins, Halloween Candy Veganized, Halloween Cupcakes.
* 10/17 - Papaya bowl, witches brew broccoli cheesy soup, cheezy broomsticks, Spiderweb Brownie Bites, Tofu Triangles over couscous with candied cashews and broccoli.
* 10/10 - Pumpkin Pizza, Fruity Faces, Peanut butter Banana Pudding, Carrot Juice and Double Pumpkin Cream Pie.
* 10/3 - Naughty/Nice Vegan Desserts, Raw Chocolate Shake, Pumpkin Potato Salad, Pumpkin Spice Cider Smoothie and more..
* 9/26 - cauliflower soup, pomegranate fizzy cocktail, food truck gyros at home, ghost whip, almost tiramisu pie
* 9/19 - apple jack flapjacks, seared tofu, tropical green smoothie, vanilla coconut latte, sumac salad
* 9/12 - ginger frosty, peanut butter cream pie, vegan chili, easy coconut rice and wonton lunch, peanut butter fruit stack sandwich
* 9/5 - Labor Day "Southern Food" Feast - biscuits, "chickn" fried seitan, cole slaw, pb shake
* 8/29 - pesto alphabet pasta, banana split, sweet potato biscuits, pasta salad to-go, cheeze sauce
* 8/22 - tropical smoothie, mushroom bites, veggie burger, love your green juice, peas and pasta cheezy style
* 8/15 - vegan jello, sunny pesto pasta, peachy "A" Smoothie, creamy cole slaw recipes, vegan sloppy joes, apricot cobbler and lime basil sorbet!
* 8/8 - jumbo croutons, fresh tomato hummus, peanut butter pillows, veggie burger slideshow, sticky maple french toast, cinna-rolls and more!
* 8/1 - hazelnut hummus, pesto pasta, tofu scramble, squash blossoms, savory waffles, hash browns.
* 7/25 - smoothies, vegan burrito, blueberry bread, panzanella salad, beet salad, peach crisp.
* 7/18 - roasted pepper hummus, raw food eats, papaya smoothie, owl cake, chocolate pudding parfait, hemp mashed potatoes and watermelon recipes.
And you can always peruse my HHL Recipe Index for many more vegan, meatless recipes!