This week's Meatless Monday Recipe Round-up via my posts over at Babble.com. Peanut Butter Cream Pie, an easy weekday hot lunch, banana bread-inspired recipes, veganizing Chili, a zingy frosty citrus ginger drink and more! Inspiration for today and the week ahead...
Meatless Monday Recipe Round-Up - 9/12
* Peanut Butter Cream Pie
I'm continuing on my "vegan cream pie" blitz with this double layered peanut butter-infused cream pie. Tofu-based. Oh so yummy.
* Dessert for Breakfast!
If you love enjoying dessert at all hours of the day - then these "healthy" vegan breakfast ideas will get you quite giddy. Be a kid and eat dessert first! First thing in the morning..
* Peanut Butter Fruit Stacked Sandwiches
This kids-approved after-school snack takes all the fun of a peanut butter sandwich and adds layers of fun fave fruit! It's like peanut butter toast with a side of fruit - thinly sliced apples and banana here. Maple and cinnamon too.
* Sweet Coconut Corn Rice with Veggie Wontons
This is an easy weekday hot lunch. Creamy coconut rice is the perfect accent to pan-fried veggie wontons. Add some sweet and sour dipping sauce on the side.
* Ginger Grapefruit Zinger
Give your immune system a boost with this citrus frosty - infused with the spicy sweet flavors of ginger and grapefruit. Plenty of vitamin C!
* How-to Veganize Your Chili Recipe
You may already have a vegan chili recipe up your sleeve - but this post is great to pass on to a friend who may be curious about vegan cooking - and also love chili! A few simple substitutions and you can veganize pretty much any chili recipe!
* Farmer's Markets Around the World
Fun post highlighting some super cool markets around the world. For all the worldly Farmer's Market fans out there. Paris, Hawaii and more..
* Banana- Bread Inspired Recipes for Fall
Banana Bread (and pumpkins) remind me of a cozy fall morning. So here are a few recipes that are banana bread inspired. From waffles and quinoa cereal to muffins and shakes - get your banana bread fix a few creative ways.
* 9/5 - Labor Day "Southern Food" Feast - biscuits, "chickn" fried seitan, cole slaw, pb shake
* 8/29 - pesto alphabet pasta, banana split, sweet potato biscuits, pasta salad to-go, cheeze sauce
* 8/22 - tropical smoothie, mushroom bites, veggie burger, love your green juice, peas and pasta cheezy style
* 8/15 - vegan jello, sunny pesto pasta, peachy "A" Smoothie, creamy cole slaw recipes, vegan sloppy joes, apricot cobbler and lime basil sorbet!
* 8/8 - jumbo croutons, fresh tomato hummus, peanut butter pillows, veggie burger slideshow, sticky maple french toast, cinna-rolls and more!
* 8/1 - hazelnut hummus, pesto pasta, tofu scramble, squash blossoms, savory waffles, hash browns.
* 7/25 - smoothies, vegan burrito, blueberry bread, panzanella salad, beet salad, peach crisp.
* 7/18 - roasted pepper hummus, raw food eats, papaya smoothie, owl cake, chocolate pudding parfait, hemp mashed potatoes and watermelon recipes.