I had been planning on making this Watermelon Frosty recipe for a while. But it seemed every time we had fresh watermelon in the house it was gobbled up in just a few hours. Fresh, juicy watermelon has that instant gratification effect on people. Kinda like freshly baked bread, warm-from-the-oven cookies, hot pizza or freshly flipped pancakes. These foods beg to be consumed, without hesitation. But finally, I did it. I froze the freshly chopped watermelon. And this frosty bliss followed..
Hot Saturday. All day at the pool. Under the sun. The first tan lines of the season. Hot. Dry. Parched. Once we were settled in our snugglies at home I blended up these refreshing Watermelon Frosty drinks.
Smoothie Tip! Frozen Melon makes the best smoothies! You can start freezing watermelon, cantaloupe and honeydew - and more for the frostiest, most delicious smoothies and shakes ever! Try my Frozen Cantaloupe-infused Matcha Shake!
Watermelon Nutrition. One cup watermelon contains just about 50 calories and loads of hydration from the high water content. It also contains fiber, lycopene and potassium. Watermelon is delicious on its own, but this frosty is really my favorite way to consume it.
Frosty frozen watermelon, banana and lime blend up into this refreshing blended beverage.
- 2 1/4 cups frozen watermelon, cubes
- 1/2 cup coconut water or water (add more as needed)
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup, grade B
- 1 large lemon or 2 limes, squeezed
- 1 fresh banana
- Optional: add a few pinches of cayenne for a spicy kick!
- Party cocktail version: add 1-2 shots of your fave alcohol
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender like a Vitamix and blend until frosty. Note: Start off with just 1/4 cup of the water liquid and add more in splashes as needed to blend.
- Pour into frosted glasses to keep cool, garnish with lime or fresh watermelon sliced.
Yield: 2 servingsPrep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 5 mins.Tags: dessert,beverage,smoothie,watermelon,frosty,blender,lime,summer,drink,watermelon frosty
Blending Tip! The best way to blend up this frosty is in a Vitamix - it really frosts up that thick frozen watermelon! Buy a Vitamix here (You will receive free shipping when you use my link.)
Summer Chia-Seeded Watermelon Frosty..
Get more smoothie recipe in my book 365 Vegan Smoothies!