These Sweet Potato Glow Spirals are a yummy way to get the dreamy sweet potatoes you crave. The goods: tender garlic-infused bites of sweet potato deliciousness.
Spicy meets sweet in this glowing spiral wrap. Creamy garlic hummus, harissa and roasted red peppers. Rich in antioxidants like vitamin A, fiber, healthy fats and flavor! Get my vegan recipe..
Many of you know that sweet potatoes are one of my all time favorite foods. I adore them. Mashed, roasted, baked, boiled, fried or blended into a perfect vegan Mac N Cheese recipe - I can't get enough of my favorite root veggie.
I had so much fun making my Easy Hummus Wrap Spirals last week that I decided to craft a new recipe featuring sweet potatoes. So instead of 'hummus' inside the wrap, I am adding a creamy, savory hummus/sweet potato mash featuring harissa, garlic, roasted pepper and maple flavors. Perfect for a vitamin-A packed (lunchbox-perfect) lunch.
Sweet Potato Glow Spirals
vegan, serves 2 - makes 12 spiral bites (plus extra mash filling)
2 lavash wraps (rectangle flatbread)
2 tsp olive oil (brush over lavash wraps)
1/3 cup shredded carrots
1/3 cup roasted red bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 medium sweet potato, roasted and peeled
2 Tbsp sweet onion, diced
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup garlic hummus
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 tsp harissa (or sub with red pepper flakes or dash of cayenne)
salt to taste
dash of fresh ground black pepper
1. Roast your sweet potato in the oven until sticky and caramelized. Also in the oven, warm your lavash wrap. I brush one side with olive oil and wrap in a piece of foil. Heat for about 3 minutes - or until soft and pliable enough to roll. Set warm wrap aside.
2. Peel sweet potato. Add to small bowl and combine with "mash ingredients" - mash until a creamy mixture is reached. Taste and add more 'heat' as desired. Use either harissa, cayenne, hot sauce or red pepper flakes. I prefer the smoky flavor or harissa.
3. Slice your red pepper and shred or julienne chop your carrots.
4. Spread 1.2 cup of mash over your warmed lavash wrap. Add your red peppers and carrots.
5. Roll your lavash wrap. Slice and serve!