My Zesty Citrus Butternut Squash Dip is a totally dippable, scoopable, dip-licious way to embrace fall..
Also excited to see my Butternut Squash Sage Dip recipe in ThinkFood Cookbook.
Think Food Cookbook - I'm recipe #8...
And don't forget to check out my DIP App: Dip Diva..
For today's recipe, I decided to re-vamp my butternut dip recipe from last year
The result: Bold Butternut Citrus Dip with Arugula. This dip has bold splashes of citrus flavor with a hint of crunchy fresh arugula and maple syrup blended in. And just like last year's recipe - this one is super duper fast and easy. You can whip it up in under 5 minutes!
Comparing my Butternut Squash Dip Recipes: The ingredients are similar, but the flavors are quite contrasting. Today's recipe is bold and has a candied citrus flavor mixed with the ultra-creamy white bean hummus. While in contrast, the sage-accented dip recipe is more earthy and rustic - less sweet and a tad thicker in texture. I love both.
Zesty Citrus Butternut Squash Citrus Dip w/ Arugula
vegan, makes 4 cups of dip
1 15 oz can of organic butternut squash (or fresh puree)
1/2 cup white cannellini beans, drained
2 Tbsp tahini
2 tsp roasted garlic
1 Tbsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp EVOO
1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
1 Tbsp fresh orange zest
salt/pepper to taste
fold in: 1 cup fresh arugula, finely chopped
garnish: arugula, 1/2 orange, peeled, sliced into cubes, dash cayenne on top
extra zesty: add in a splash of lemon juice
1. Process your dip ingredients - until smooth.
2. Taste test - adjust as desired.
3. Finely chop your arugula. Fold it into the mixture - leave out a few bits for garnish.
4. Place in a 250 degree oven to heat for 25 minutes. Or stick in microwave until heated through (about 1-2 minutes)
5. Garnish dip with arugula, orange, dash of cayenne and a slight drizzle of good olive oil. Serve warm with bread slices for dipping.
Posted by Kathy on 10/13/2010